My children have been bitten by the screentime bug. Sure my son has pretty much always been a zombie if plunked in front of the T.V. and the girls will beg to watch a movie in the afternoon. But this is different.
Now they want to play GAMES!!!
For a couple of weeks, my precious 10-year-old boy would look at me and bat his eyelashes and say “Mom is there a job I could do for you so that I could earn some screen time?”
Uh, ya kid there sure is! Don’t ask me what I did to deserve this bliss, I have no clue. Laundry was being folded and floors swept and vacuumed. My bathtub even got a good scrubbing!
Then the time came when I honestly could not think of another chore for my children to do to earn more screen time. I know it seems impossible, but it truly did happen!
I turned to my dear friend Krina for help:
Dearest Krina… I have heard rumors that your children have checklists that allow them to acquire screen time. I’m wondering if you might have a photo of this genius invention that I could sneak a peek at, please?
In true darling Krina fashion, she sent me a picture of her children’s checklists. I used them as a template to create similar checklists for my bigger kiddos (the ones who can read).
It’s because of these lists that I was truly excited to receive a Clorox Disinfection ToiletWand in the mail. I could actually add clean the toilet to the bathroom duties and be confident that my boy would be able to git er done.
Our ToiletWand arrived on Thursday with a storage caddy and 6 cleaning head refills. I took advantage of a nothing to do Saturday morning to instruct my son how to use his new magical cleaning tool.
Here’s what I love about the Clorox Disinfecting ToiletWand:
- It comes pre-loaded with cleaner. I do not have to store cleaner bottles with difficult to open lids under my sink. The disinfecting cleaning heads that you use with the ToiletWand are stored right in the handy caddy.
- The cleaner does not smell like bleach. I am not keen to have my bathroom smell like a public swimming pool so I was really pleased to discover that this cleaner does not have a strong smell.
- It’s so easy to use! It took my 10-year-old all of 5 minutes to learn how to use the ToiletWand. Brilliant!
- I don’t have to clean a toilet brush. That used to just gross me out! But the ToiletWand has a special little release button that just plunks the cleaning head into the garbage when you e done with it.
- You can buy refills at major retailers like Wal-Mart and Superstore which is great because I am a busy mom and if I can just add “toilet cleaner refills” to my shopping list and buy them while I’m doing my regular shopping that is a big plus for me.
Here’s what I don’t love:
- I only have one complaint. Truth be told I am not a big fan of single use products. The most memorable fight my husband and I ever had was over whether or not to buy a Keurig. (Dealing with all of those wasteful little cups ahhh!) That being said, I’m not sure that there is a better solution than one-time use cleaning heads to get rid of nasty toilet germs.
All in all, I will continue to use the ToiletWand for it’s extreme ease and convenience.
Big thanks to CloroxCanada for sending me this ToiletWand sample to review. All comments and opinions are my own and I have not been influenced in any way.